The PSOR Lab will be presenting a total of seven papers at the AIChE Annual Meeting 2018 held in Pittsburgh, PA Oct 28-Nov 2.
Sunday Oct. 28
330-6PM Software Tools and Implementation for Process Systems Engineering (Rm 410)
- Matthew Wilhelm: Recent Advances in the EAGO Platform: Global and Robust Optimization in Julia,
Monday Oct. 29
10AM-1230PM UG Student Poster Session: Computing and Process Control
- Connor Dion: Transport Modeling in the Tumor Microenvironment
- Maxwell Tracy: Gibbs Energy Analysis of Concentrated Alkaline Nitrate Solutions with Application to Absorption Cycle Modeling
330-5PM Interactive Session: Applied Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- Chenyu Wang: Rigorous Parameter Estimation for Model Validation in Oncological Systems
330-6PM World Café: Food-Energy-Water Nexus Invited Talks and Panel Discussion (Rm 317)
- Matthew Stuber
Tuesday Oct. 30
8-1030AM Advances in Deterministic Global Optimization (Rm 409)
- Matthew Wilhelm: Quadratic Underestimators of Differentiable McCormick Relaxations for Deterministic Global Optimization
1230-3PM Advances in Computational Methods and Numerical Analysis (Rm 410)
- Matthew Wilhelm: Tightening McCormick Relaxations via Reformulation of Intermediate Functions into Schema
The PI Matthew Stuber was named as the recipient of the 2018 AIChE CAST Division Award: W. David Smith, Jr. Graduate Publication Award in recognition of his paper Convex and Concave Relaxations of Implicit Functions (2015). Announcements: https://www.aiche.org/community/sites/divisions-forums/computing-systems-technology-division-cast/blog/2018-cast-division-award-winners
The latest publication from the PSOR Lab was chosen as a featured article and the cover of the July volume of the journal Processes. Read the article here.
PhD student William Hale will be his work on robust fault detection & isolation under uncertainty at the American Controls Conference in Milwaukee, WI June 27-29. Read more: Abstract.
PhD student Matthew Wilhelm will be presenting his work on our EAGO software platform for optimization in Julia at the Second Annual JuMP-Dev Workshop in Bordeaux, France June 27-29, 2018. Read more: https://www.juliaopt.org/meetings/bordeaux2018/. Slides are here: https://www.juliaopt.org/meetings/bordeaux2018/wilhelm.pdf
PhD student Matthew Wilhelm will be presenting his work on our innovative advanced optimization software platform at the AIChE Annual Meeting 2017 in Minneapolis, MN. Read more: AIChE Abstract
Welcome! Matthew Wilhelm and Chenyu Wang have become new members in our lab.